Shopping For Your Family Session
I love it when we get to mix and match or even have time for a quick outfit change. It adds variety to a session and a personal touch. But where does everyone always get those cute outfits?! If you’re like me, you never get to go to the store- I haven’t seen the inside of a grocery store since Walmart started doing free pick up, and forget about browsing my local Target. So, if you are short on time like I am, here is my go-to list to make shopping a breeze!
(Also check out Top 7 Tips To Dress Your Kid)
Here are my favorite places to look for cute outfits for your next session!
Favorite Places to Shop
Price points: $-cheap, $$-average, $$$-high, $$$$-expensive
1. HM.com. I consider H&M the holy grail for all things boy and men. Their price point is ridiculously low, and the clothes are my favorite. Their trouser pants are around $10 and are amazing quality. Amazing. Keep in mind that H&M sizes are a little different, and they run big. If your son is an average size 4, buy him the size 3-4 pants. The 4-5 seems like the obvious choice, but they’ll be too long and too big around the waist. $-$$
2. Zara.com. This site is not so much my secret anymore but I’m ok with it. There are so many adorable pieces and accessories. Check it out! $$-$$$$
3. Anthropologie.com. It’s a little bit more on the expensive side, but the clothes are quality, unique and last forever. $$$$
4. Jcrew.com. Guys! I seriously adore their shoe collections for children and don’t even get me started on the kids line! $$$$
5. Joyfolie.com. So many shoes! For girls and women. And if you’re looking for layers- amazing dresses, jackets, caplets. $$$$
6. Gap.com. I love Gap for their “basics”. Just about anything you’d need, you’ll find on their website. $$-$$$
7. Forever21.com. Cute clothes for women of all sizes (and men!) on the cheap. I get a little lost here to be honest but their deals are too amazing not to check out. $-$$
8. Freepeople.com. Free People makes my heart sing. Think easy, breezy, and boho chick. Plus there is now one in the woodlands mall! $$$-$$$$
9. Modcloth.com. A fun, flirty and pretty affordable site for women’s timeless dresses, fun tops and the best shoes and accessories! $$-$$$
10. Shopruche.com. Another great site for women’s dresses and tops. $$$
11. Mak-rose.com. A great cheap site for girls clothing. Boutique dresses, sweaters, blazers, tights, etc. It’s so affordable but it also goes quickly so if you see something you love, get it before it’s gone! $-$$
12. Fleuranddot.com. The most adorable girls clothing you’ll ever find if you’re vintage-inspired in your look. Hands down. $$$$
Also Try: Alter Ego | Saved By The Dress | Hazel and Olive | Shop The Mint | Henly | Sophie & Trey | Piper and Scoot | Roolee | Wren & Ivory | Alice & Ames | ASOS | showmeyourmumu.com
Maternity Clothing: Mama Bump Rentals | FillyBoo Maternity | Pink Blush Maternity
Ashley Newman Photography is a Woodlands Family Photographer and Storyteller specializing in outdoor family photography. In addition to lifestyle family portraits, Ashley offers day-in-the-life legacy sessions, outdoor maternity sessions, fresh 48 hospital portraits and in-home newborn photography. Ashley serves Montgomery county areas including Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, and Magnolia.