Amazing Light In-Home Session | How Did They Do That?
Family Session | The Woodlands, TX
I cannot begin to tell you the depth of the feelings I have for this family. When Amy first contacted me I was thrilled- who wouldn't be? AMIRGHT? Her family is gorgeous! Time went on and I got to know this family by name. I know more about their story because she was open and vulnerable with me. I can see her mama heartbeat...I feel it deep down. Here stands a family who has walked through fire. A family bonded forever.
There is a special kind of gift that comes with embracing that walk.
"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about."―Haruki Murakami
Enjoy this beautiful family- they shine inside and out.
Look closely and you will see their strength, the tenacity of their souls and the love in their bonds. Are you ready to share your story?
So how did they pull off this stunning session inside their own home?
- know the lighting in your house- if you are unsure, watch the light on a weekend when you are home all day. Pay attention to which rooms have light at what time of day (think as the sun begins to come up and then late afternoon) Try opening your blinds and pulling back all curtains to really let the light in.
- you want the light to come in but not directly- if the sun beams right into the room, it can make for some dramatic lighting, which is awesome! but to get the glow that these images have, the light cannot come directly into the window.
- think about your bedding- go with something simple. You don't even need to go out and get new bedding, just grab some neutral or white sheets and make up the bed!
- declutter- remove items from your nightstands and from around the bed. It helps you to be able to move around and the photographer as well!
- be ready to have fun! It's that simple- be yourself, do your normal family activities and the spirit of your family will shine through!
Check out this spirited family!
Wanna get coffee?
Ashley Newman Photography is a Woodlands Family Photographer and Storyteller specializing in outdoor family photography. In addition to lifestyle family portraits, Ashley offers day-in-the-life legacy sessions, outdoor maternity sessions, fresh 48 hospital portraits and in-home newborn photography. Ashley serves Montgomery county areas including Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, and Magnolia.