Funny Couples Photos
Houston Couples Photographer
Ashley Newman Photography
This is a trend I can get down with. We have all seen Awkward Family Photos, and every time I think of goofy couples photos, I just envision that clip from Masterminds.
I am pausing for laughter…seriously, go check it out- I will wait…
Ok, welcome back! Obviously, when my dear friend Monica told me about her idea, I knew we had to make this come to life and fast!
Every year Monica has a specific vision or idea- from Harry Potter, to including her cats in their pictures, she is a true creative.
We started the evening as I would any photo session- in a field, dressed in a beautiful lace maxi dress, with all the makings of a boho engagement session.
We quickly ditched the lifestyle look for #allthedenim and did every goofy pose we could think of.
I had to fight every unposed urge in my body but we laughed our way through the session and that made it all worth it.
For me, the biggest takeaway was to enjoy the moment and not take yourself too seriously. This unique and fun session is one for the books.
Couples Photography FAQ
- Can I change outfits? I always recommend one outfit that you for sure know you want to be the focus, and if there is time, a secondary outfit typically more dressed down. For this couple, it worked perfectly!
- How long does the session last? Typically around 30 minutes- if you feel you may need more time, talk to your photographer about different packages or adding on more time.
- How do I choose a location? All ANP clients has access to my vetted local locations. If you have a specific vision or location you are considering, ask your photographer!
- What do I bring? This depends- I always tell my clients to pack bug spray, snacks, and drinks. I like to focus less on props and more on my couples, but be sure to share your ideas with your photographer.
- When do I get my photos back? Every photographer has their own timeline. I typically deliver images within 2 weeks of your session date.
- My idea is intimate…what do I do? I am down for so many reasons! Always share your vision with your potential photograph to see if you will be a good fit.
Give this session a look, and let’s talk about your creative ideas!