Is February A Good Month For Family Photos?
Houston Family Photographer
Ashley Newman Photography
I have been doing a monthly deep dive into the best times to take family photos in Houston. Today we are looking at February to see how it fairs for family photos.
Family Photos in February
- Ok, so I have to admit that when I started to write this, the snow storm of 2021 popped up in my mind first. February always feels especially cold to me even though it’s historically not the most cold month. But I’m willing to throw this out there- strange off chance you get snow for your photo session- that feels like a win already!
- It’s a slower and more quiet season, for sure. But that isn’t all bad. A lot of my locations that I avoid in the fall season are now easier to access and have fewer people at them.
- Sure, most of us are over the winter blues and ready to see spring outside- trust me, I am very much one of those people. But there is something really beautiful in the quiet moments of this month- like waiting on a baby to be born, we are waiting on spring. You can start to feel in the air toward the end of the month, and the glorious sunshine that comes with it is uplifting to say the least.
- It’s a smidge warmer in February- average temps are about 64 and less rain is generally expected. As the month ends, we see warmer and warmer days.
- Fall-like images happen during this month! February still has loads of color to show and if you wear the right outfits (like this lovely family) you can really show off those fall vibes.
In short, I love February. It’s the calm before the world changes. It’s the quiet before the colors come bursting forth. There are very stunning photos that can be created any time of the year and February in Houston is worthy of the spotlight for sure.
Check out the way this family rocked their session- they styled it perfectly with pops of warm color and just the right amount of texture!