Ashley Newman Photography
Soon your little peanut will be safe in your arms. But before they arrive, you’re celebrating the love between you with photos. Something I love about maternity pictures is the before. What I mean by that is- it’s the moment before everything changes…it’s the love that brought you to this very moment. And while you may be feeling apprehensive about getting in front of the camera, or even on the fence about pregnancy photos, I am here to assure you that there is nothing more special to share with your child as they get older.
If posing is holding you back, I have a few of my best tips to help get you through!
Top Maternity Posing Ideas
- Keep moving- if your photographer sets you up in a specific pose, change it subtly by kissing your partner, shifting from one foot to the other, or moving your hands over your belly.
- Show your love- don’t be afraid to show affection– so long as you feel comfortable.
- Embrace that body! You have entered full goddess mode- let it shine and stand in your power. Try pumping yourself up before the shoot by having your hair and make up done, finding an outfit that makes you feel fierce, and owning this powerful and wonderful stage you are in.
- Connected or Posed? Decide before your session how you want it to feel. Are you looking for romantic and connected images or something more posed and directed? Do you want an urban feel or something more natural? Share that with your photographer so they can help direct you and find a location that fits your style.
- Find Inspo- make sure you share any specific inspiration photos you are interested in with your photographer. I am always pinning my work, so if you see a session I have already photographed, don’t be afraid to send it to me!
- Don’t forget the details- make sure you bring any special items with you that you want photographed. Think ultrasound pictures, tiny shoes or any other heirloom items.
Let this romantic session give you all the inspiration for your upcoming maternity photos.