Are Maternity Photoshoots Worth It?
5 Reasons Why Every Expectant Mother Should Do Photos
Ashley Newman Photography
It was a decision that I struggled with when I was pregnant with my own- to do them or not to do them. Initially I didn’t think I would want them, after all the baby at the end is all that anyone will want to see anyway, right?
But after we suffered a loss, the importance of our journey was instantly elevated. Toss in 2 years of fertility treatments and you better believe we were set on documenting our growing family.
So if you are on the fence like I was, this post is for you.
- You are a Queen and deserve to look and feel that way! Sometimes pregnancy feels amazing and honestly, kudos to you if you are one of those mamas. But sometimes it feels not so wonderful. We could all use a confidence boost and a reason to feel amazing. Get dressed up, have your hair and make up done, so you can slay somewhere in a field. I promise you will appreciate them even more after baby has arrived 😉
- These are for you and your children- photos are heirlooms and your legacy. A maternity session is as much for you as it is for your children. These are memories you will have forever to pass down within your family. I promise your children will want these when they are older.
- Creating an intimate moment with your partner is important- speaking of legacy…this may be one of your last moments to relish in some intimate alone time with your partner. Do not underestimate this important time. You have built something so incredible just the two of you- document that ish!
- If you have other children it can be a way to connect with them and spend special time with just them before their world changes. I remember when we had our second, I wept for the changes that were coming. My oldest was no longer going to be my baby and I had no idea how I was going to split my time and heart. It was such a bonding moment to be able to spend extra time with him before my daughter arrived.
- Celebrating your pregnancy journey is a worthwhile experience. You are gonna miss that bump when it’s gone. You are going to miss the feeling of your baby whirling around and kicking. To have these memories to look back on and remember what it took to get you there. Every journey is different and worth documenting- no regrets, just love.
For this session, mama was already telling me she was not good at taking photos and wasn’t sure what to do. And that’s ok. No one expects you to be a model. But she flipping rocked this session and look how connected and intimate they are in this session. Seriously obsessed!